Over 25 years' industry experience
In-house technical support
Widely accepted by UK lenders
Build to Rent Warranties and Inherent Defects Insurance
Long-term warranty protection for Build to Rent (BtR) projects
Over the past decade, the Build to Rent (BtR) sector has become the fastest-growing across the property development industry. As well as the likes of London and Manchester, other cities like Hull, Sheffield, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Nottingham, and Liverpool, to name but a few, continue to increase their BtR opportunities, and this is likely to continue throughout the length and breadth of the UK over the coming years.
This shift in market requirements has led to a change in insurance demands. Previously, it was commonplace for BtR Developers to purchase Commercial Latent / Inherent Defects Policies knowing they would retain the asset, but we now see that many developers like the flexibility of selling all or some of the assets, so flexible warranty and inherent defects insurance policies are in demand.
“Most developers now insist on having a warranty insurance policy that is UK Finance (formerly the CML - Council of Mortgage Lenders) approved – which is where Build-Zone can help.”
Build-Zone has adopted an approach to suit the industry, and as a result, we have written some of the largest and most complex schemes in the United Kingdom and Ireland. We use fully independent external inspectors and auditors for additional reassurance to work together with our in-house team.
Our flexible and unique approach to underwriting and auditing these risks has enabled us to secure projects with the leading names in the BtR space.
Our specialist Underwriting Team has over 120 years of combined experience in providing Inherent Defects and Structural Warranty solutions to a range of major developers and clients.
Why choose Build-Zone Build to Rent Inherent Defects and Structural Warranty Solutions?
• Long-term ‘A’ rated insurer capacity
• Single structure limits available in excess of £300m
• Cover offered on a Full Value Reinstatement Basis, with no inner financial limits
• 10 or 12 year policy period
• Loss of rent cover available
• Each project is individually underwritten and technically appraised, meaning that there is no technical manual to adhere to – giving you greater creativity in the scheme’s design
• An in-house technical team and independent auditors to provide input and advice from the design stage to practical completion.